Preparing Your Pool for a Florida Winter
Mon, Oct 31st, 2022
Who doesn't love the long lazy days of summer? It stays light out much later so you can get more things done and enjoy being outside longer. Well, another summer has come to a close and we will be changing the clocks back at 2 a.m. local time on Sunday, Nov. 6 which is a sign that winter is around the corner and it will start getting darker outside earlier.
The first day of winter is Wednesday, December 21. If you live in Florida, the winter weather is mostly beautiful so you can enjoy your swimming pool all year long.
Five Tips to Enjoy Your Pool All Winter in Florida
Swimming is great low-impact exercise! So, keeping your pool swim-ready is a good plan. By following these five tips, you will be able to enjoy your swimming pool all winter long in Florida!
1. The temperature in Southwest Florida can get down into the 50s in the mornings so it is a good idea to have a pool heater to keep the water in your swimming pool at a comfortable temperature.
2. If you have been thinking about getting a new pool heater, now is a great time to do it because, with supply chain shortages, it may become hard to find the one you want if you wait too long.
3. Since it will be getting darker out earlier, having LED lighting installed in your pool will help make the nighttime swimming experience better and safer as you will be able to see what is going on.
4. If you have a screen enclosure, make sure that the screens are in good repair and that there are no holes or rips. Take care of any necessary repairs so that your swimming pool and screen enclosure will be in tip-top shape. Also, if you have pets that go on your lanai, having secure screens will help avoid them from getting out or any unwanted pests or animals from getting in.
5. Keeping your swimming pool clean is important all year long, but it is especially important in the winter as leaves and other debris can quickly soil your swimming pool. A good rule of thumb is to clean your swimming pool at least once a week.
Getting Your Swimming Pool Ready
If you have any questions or need help getting your swimming pool ready for winter, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy your swimming pool all winter long while staying safe and keeping your swimming pool in great condition.
Sweetwater Pool Service can help with the 5 tips above plus any other of your swimming pool needs. Check out our services page to see what we offer then give us a call to schedule an appointment!